A plugin (module) enables to seamlessly integrate your in-store inventory with your Prestashop online store.
The plugin will :
– update your online store inventory when a sale occurs in your point of sale,
– and send online orders to your Hiboutik account (to finally update your in-store inventory).
Premium option is required to use the Prestashop plugin because both platforms use the Hiboutik API to communicate.
To sync inventory, the product barcode (or the variant barcode) in Hiboutik must match with the product Reference (or variant Reference) in Prestashop.
From Hiboutik, barcodes of your product and variants are available in the 'Variants and barcodes' section in the product form.
From Prestashop, the product Reference is available in the Basic settings of the product form (or in the Details of the variant).
To export your product barcodes from Hiboutik, go to 'Products/Import-Export/Export data: Products by variant'.
To import product barcodes into Hiboutik, go to 'Products/Import-Export/Upload data – Update barcodes'.
Download the plugin on our Github website : Hiboutik module.
In Prestashop :
– go to the 'Improve/Modules' tab and click on the top button 'Upload a module',
– then import the Hiboutik module downloaded.
In Prestashop, go to the 'Improve/Modules/Module Manager' tab and click on the 'Configure' button of the Hiboutik module line.
Fulfill the settings of your Hiboutik account :
– Account name : enter the name of your account (available in Settings/Users/API).
– Email address : enter the user email address used to login the API (available in Settings/Users/API).
– API key : enter the API key of the user (available in Settings/Users/API).
– Oauth Token : leave 'no'. You can change this setting only if your are using a third application.
– Store ID : enter the ID of the point of sale on which online sales will be recorded (and from which your online store will draw inventory from).
Your initial store ID is 1.
You can ask our customer service to provide you with your different stores IDs for multi-store accounts.
It is possible to modify the module code to display combined inventory from multiple shops on your online store. More information.
– Vendor ID : enter the user ID under which the online sales will be recorded (available in Settings/Users/Users). The admin user is number 1.
We suggest to set a specific vendor ID to filter your online sales in your reports.
– Shipping Product ID : enter the 'Shipping' product ID (create this product as a single product in the 'Products' section of your account) used to receive shipping fees of your online sales.
– Hiboutik Sale ID Prefix : leave the preset prefix as it is, or enter a different one.
The prefix is used to distinguish your online sales from your in-store sales; and to guarantee a single sync.
Click on the 'Sync Now' button to feed your online store inventory with your in-store inventory.
In Prestashop, on the Hiboutik module setting page, copy the Webhook address.
In Hiboutik, in the 'Settings/General settings/General settings' section, paste the Webhook address in the 'Sales: webhook' field (with no icon).
The webhook will be called when a sale occurs in-store, to update your online inventory.
In-store sale :
When a sale is closed, inventory of products involved in this sale is automatically updated on your online store.
Online sale :
The sync is launched when the online sale payment is confirmed.
Automatically in your Hiboutik account:
– a new sale is created,
– the Prestashop customer is created (only for new customers) and assigned to the sale,
– all the products sold online including shipping fees are added to the sale,
– and withdrawn from inventory in the limit of stock available.
When you receive an online order, it will appear as a parked sale. You will need to close it manually when you complete it.
You can add a specific payment method on your account (ex: WEB) to separate online sales from in-store sales.
You can modify the module code to automatically close the sale with a specific payment method. More information.
There is a single sync for each sale. If you modify a Prestashop sale after the sync occured, you will also need to update manually the synced sale in Hiboutik.
The Prestashop sale number is available in the note of the synced sale.
The customer is automatically synced, but not the addresses.
The inventory is not synced when you complete a stock order, perform an inventory count or proceed to a return/exchange.
When that happens, you will need to click on the 'Sync Now' button on the module page in Prestashop to update your online store inventory.
If a Prestashop product reference doesn’t match with an Hiboutik product barcode, an unknown product will be added to the synced sale. If you select this product in the sale, you will find the product information in the product note field.
If quantities of the product sold on Prestashop is not available on Hiboutik, quantities of the product line will not be withdrawn from your inventory. You will need to proceed to a stock order, then select the product in the sale and click on the button to withdraw the quantity from inventory.
For the first orders synced, please make sure that data are consistent in both platforms, especially concerning tax rates.
If your web server doesn’t respond to the webhook, an error message will be displayed on your Hiboutik account informing you that connection is cut off. You can restart your session (logout and login from your account) to relaunch the webhook attempts. When this occurs, you should relaunch a complete sync of your online inventory from the Hiboutik module setting page.