1/ Install your printer on your computer (for USB or serial printers) or on your network (for Ethernet or Wifi printers).
Your printer is properly installed if you can print a test page from the control panel ('Printers and scanners' section) of Windows.
2/ Download Himp, and install it.
Himp is running with Java program. If Java is not setup on your computer, Himp will automatically install it.
If your printer is local (USB o serial), Himp will prompt you to select it among the available printers on your computer.
For Windows XP: install this version of Himp W-XP. If you are using a local printer, you must set it as the default printer on your computer.
3/ Complete your printer setup on your account, in the 'Settings/Printing/Printing tests' section.
Select in the drop down menu your printer interface (network or local):
– For a network printer, enter the printer IP address.
– For a local printer, 'default' will be seized.
When you proceed a printing test from your account, the printing status is displayed.
If the printing status is 1 and no ticket is printed, it means that the printer is not available:
– check your printer network settings for network printers,
– check that your printer appears among the 'Printers and scanners' in the control panel of your Windows for local printers,
– check that no file is stuck into the printer queue.
If the printing status is 2 and no ticket is printed, it means that Himp is not setup properly:
– check that Java is running on your computer and no updates are pending,
– check that Himp is not banned from your firewall or antivirus program.
Restart your computer and/or reinstall Himp.